Tuesday, March 1, 2011

COLLEGE 4 ALL:LIBERATION FROM ABUSE

Yoana Rodriguez
02/09/11
College For All: Liberation from Abuse
Some words that describe my family are annoying, fun, helpful and sometimes boring. They have been annoying because my brothers always bug me! My family is fun because we go out and have fun during the weekends and go with the family do something for dinner and talk. For example the adults stay in the kitchen to eat or gossip, the teens always stay on the computer, or talk about the boys that are ugly or cute. Finally, the little kids go outside and play.
   The opportunities that have been available to me in my family is to get to therapy and she had helped me a lot in school, community & specially in the family my therapist Gina Fahouri she is a great person in my life because she made me see the real life and never to stop giving up because a whole world is waiting for me and to also see that the depression is not something you need to leave it and let it happened and that it needs to get cure like get it out. For example I had depression because I’ve been abused sexually and that is what my therapist Gina tells me that he abused of me. I still don’t believe he did, I wanted to, but they still say that he abused of me. On February 17, 2011 I have court and I am really nervous and want to know how many years does he need to serve in jail. Gina has helped me a lot  by not thinking of the negative thoughts that went to depression and stress and the  persons that helped me in this problem is Ms. Anna Johnson and Stephanie Valencia they helped me because she is going to make a girls club so we can talk and watch movies instead of being home and be even more depressed. So I am glad that she is going to make it because it will help us understand what we need to know.
   The other people that have helped are my parents even knowing they are annoying they are my parents and I LOVE them and I know they don’t deserve to be my parents because they give me everything and the only thing that I cause them is the trouble because when I do something bad they get mad at me and always tell me. I want to change and that I am working on that so they can be proud of me and that I can get good grades in school. The major issue in my family is the I have been abused and that they have to get all the embarrassment that when we see someone that we know and they say, “Oh that Yoana got  abused by Jose.” They say that because they want to know what really happened. Jose Martinez is the name of the guy that abused me and I am always going to have the name in my mind. As I commented to you later I am going to therapist with Gina Fahouri to help me change this major issue that I have and that I  want to be out of when I say out of it I mean to not have it in my mind 24/7. What the police did that they told me that I needed to go to to counseling and well my mom took me when I was with my counselor was talking to me she said that I needed to go to the therapist because I had depression and that she needs another person to talk about depression and my counselors name is Wowlvanne. She is a good counselor she gives me this cycle about what men say to not put a condom, it’s really funny but I already know this stuff anyways and she also gave me a paper that talk about depression.
My dreams for my future are I want to get to college, I want to study nursing and I want to be the person that when the baby is out of the mother stomach. The other thing I want to do as a nurse is that I want to be a pediatrician and help the kids. What college means to me is that a great opportunity to have a good career and a good future and I would also have a good job and not work in McDonalds or Burger King or any fast food restaurant. College doesn’t connect to my family because they did not go to college so if I do go to college I am going to be the first one to get to go to college and my parents are going to be so proud of me and that’s how I always want them to be like that.
College somehow connects to me family because my far away uncle he was a doctor but he passed the way so I can’t really say nothing and that  my mom said I want you to go to college and get a good future and be someone in the world and not in the streets and be a drug dealer like the teens or any adults that stay in E 14th. Thank you for your time and for reading this paper and read this paper so important to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment